THE MORE YOU KNOW CAMPAIGN has been recognized with many national and local awards including:
- EMMY AWARD bestowed by the National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Recognizing a campaign that conveys information for “the well-being of the individual, community or society as a whole, or focus interest and marshal support for worthy causes.”
- THE GEORGE FOSTER PEABODY AWARD bestowed by the University of Georgia
Recognizing integrity and excellence in broadcasting distinguishing NBC for “a model national public service campaign to provide a range of useful information to its vast television audience.”
- CHRISTOPHER AWARD bestowed by The Christophers
Recognizing an outstanding body of work which “affirms the highest values of the human spirit.”
- NATIONAL EDUCATION ASSOCIATION AWARD FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF LEARNING THROUGH BROADCASTING bestowed by the National Education Association
Recognizing quality programs in the broadcast industry that have a significantly positive effect on personal growth and education.
- BRONZE ANVIL AWARD bestowed by the Public Relations Society of America
Recognizing innovative and strategic solutions to public relations challenges.
- GRACIE ALLEN AWARD bestowed by the American Women in Radio and Television
Honoring a campaign that addresses areas of interest and concern to women.
- CLARION AWARD bestowed by Women in Communications
Recognizing outstanding public service announcements and celebrating their excellence.
- PRISM AWARD bestowed by the Entertainment Industries Council in association with the National Institute on Drug Abuse
Recognizing a campaign that responsibly addresses the issues of substance abuse and violence in our society.
- GOLDEN EAGLE AWARD bestowed by CINE
Recognizing outstanding production of a public service campaign.
- PROMAX AWARD – Gold and Silver Medallion bestowed by Promax International
Honoring an innovative, quality campaign that achieves excellence in service to the public and builds network image.
- THEY GET IT bestowed by the Advertising Women of New York
Recognizing creative, effective and positive advertising for women, created by women.
- MAGGIE AWARD bestowed by Planned Parenthood Federation of America
Recognizing a campaign that enhances public understanding of current social health issues including teen pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases and AIDS.
- LIBERTY AWARD bestowed by Lambda Legal
Recognizing a campaign that educates and raises awareness about important societal issues such as anti-violence, tolerance and diversity, and presents positive portrayals of the LGBT community.
- WILBUR AWARD bestowed by the Religion Communicators Council
Recognizing outstanding work in the secular media featuring religious issues, themes and values.
- TELLY AWARD honoring the best local, regional, and cable television programs, as well as the finest video and film productions, and work created for the Web.